We are recruiting for a Chief Training Captain for our Dublin base.
The successful candidate will report directly to Director of Flight Operations.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Co-ordinating and integrating Pilot and Cabin Crew training requirements, plans and programmes to ensure that all training is carried out in a standardised manner and in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Liaise with the Head of Training (ATO) to ensure coordination of training programs and that all training is carried out in a standardised, efficent and effective manner;
- Ensuring compliance with all IAA, EASA and Company requirements in respect of the training and checking of Pilots and Cabin Crew;
- Evaluating relevant policies and procedures to ensure consistency of approach on all fleets and to recommend revisions where required;
- The maintenance, amendment and revision as necessary of the Operations Manual Part D;
- Assisting with the selection and recruitment of flight crew including command upgrades and Training personnel;
- The development and checking of line standards across the ATR and Embraer fleets;
- Responsibile for the monitoring of the standards of proficiency of all flight crew on their respective fleet with particular emphasis on safety;
- Ensure Flight Crew are trained in the delivery of Customer Key Performance Indicators and Voice of the Guest targets;
- Addressing deficiencies or lapses in the standard of individual pilots’ performance;
- Receiving feedback from crew with reference to the training received and or conduct of Training personnel;
- Maintaining a presence on normal line flights to ensure compliance with and maintenance of company procedures;
- Contributing to the formulation, promulgation and implementation of Flight Operations policies and strategies;
- The preparation of annual budgets for training programmes;
- Ensuring that any contracted training services meet the required standards;
- Be available to assist and support the Director of Flight Operations in the discharge of his management duties
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
- Current Captain on either ATR or Embraer;
- Minimum of 5 years airline experience;
- Minimum of 2 years Command experience;
- Previous experience as an Instructor;
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices;
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures;
- the content of the Operations Manuals of Stobart Air
- High degree of technical knowledge;
- Previous experience in dealing with a Regulatory Authority;
- Previous airline management experience desirable;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to take initiative and make informed decisions;
- The ability to maintain a high level of productivity;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong organisational planning skills;
- Demonstratable competency in computer skills.
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.