As part of the development of Stobart Air UK, we take this opportunity to invite applications for the role of Compliance Monitoring and Safety Manager (Continuing Airworthiness).
The Compliance Monitoring and Safety Manager (Continuing Airworthiness) is involved in the following activities:
- Manage the applicable Continuing Airworthiness Compliance Monitoring and Safety Management Systems by monitoring the compliance with, and adequacy of, procedures required to ensure airworthy aircraft.
- Monitor the collection, recording, analysis, implementation of actions taken, and feedback from the independent audit reports to ensure the organisations compliance.
- Provide periodic reports on performance of the organisation, in relation to the compliance and safety policy and objectives, by holding regular meetings with the Accountable Manager and senior staff involved to check progress on corrective action in relation to findings of non-compliance.
- Develop and ensure that the Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME) and all compliance and safety related documentation are maintained, up to date and in compliance with the latest relevant regulatory requirements and IOSA standards.
- Assessment and monitoring of third party contracted (or sub-contracted if relevant) service providers and suppliers to ensure standards are maintained.
- Provide advice and support to all staff on compliance monitoring and safety matters.
- Ensure initiation and timely follow up of occurrence investigations, making recommendations to management in respect of these.
- Liaise on matters of compliance and safety, though the Safety & Compliance Review Board and/or Safety Action Group(s), in support of the Accountable Managers safety accountability.
- Liaison with the UK Civil Aviation Authority in relation to approvals and organisational issues.
- Stobart Air UK Accountable Manager.
- Stobart Air UC and UK nominated personnel, responsible managers, and associated staff in all departments of the organisations.
- National and Foreign Aviation Authorities.
- Compliance Monitoring and Safety Departments of contracted and Sub-contracted maintenance organisations.
- Continuing Airworthiness Compliance Monitoring and Safety Departments of current franchise and other business partners.
To satisfy the company requirements, and to meet the acceptance criteria of the Civil Aviation Authority, the Compliance Monitoring and Safety Manager (continuing Airworthiness) must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Knowledge and experience in compliance monitoring
- Knowledge of human factors principles.
- Knowledge of safety management systems based on the EU management system requirements and ICAO Annex 19;
- Broad knowledge, background and experience in the activities, capabilities, privileges, and limitations of the organisation.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position.
- Knowledge of a relevant sample of the type(s) of aircraft gained through a formalised training course.
- Knowledge of maintenance methods;
- Knowledge of Part CAMO, Part M, Part 145, Part 66 and Part 147.
- A relevant engineering degree, or Part 66 qualification, with a technical background sufficient to understand the systems that support the organisation: or
5 years of experience in addition to those already required above. These 5 years should cover an appropriate combination of experience in tasks related to aircraft maintenance and/or continuing airworthiness management and/or surveillance of such tasks.
- Proactive and responsible individual, with the ability to drive initiatives at all levels of the operation.
- Ability to identify and rectify existing and potential unsafe conditions;
- Professional and authoritative, with proven ability to maturely assess situations, ensuring thorough investigation involving all relevant parties;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Experienced in presenting information, written & verbal;
- Proficient in MS Office suite and comfortable learning new systems;
- Proficiency in information systems with a strong focus on communication and literary skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Strong organisational and investigative skills, with respect to maintenance errors, are essential.
Stobart Air are an equal opportunities employer