Stobart Air are seeking applications for the position of Financial Reporting Manager, reporting to the Financial Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Responsible for monthly group reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly reporting for external Regulator and Franchise partner(s).
- Liaise with external auditors, ensure timely audit planning and management of Statutory financial statement audits.
- Manage the PSO audit and ensure timely review and sign off annually.
- Improvement of financial reporting systems.
- Ensure management accounts and financial statements are up to date in terms of recently issued Accounting Standards.
- Manage the AP/AR team (4 team members) on a day to day basis.
- Ensure associated AP/AR subledgers are reconciled monthly.
- Ensure aging profile and invoicing process for AP/AR is up to date.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and broader Finance team to ensure connected thinking between Financial results, reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Create and manage a Compliance calendar to ensure all Statutory and Revenue related returns are kept up to date.
- Continuous process and internal control improvements.
- Other ad-hoc and project work as may be required in order to support company needs and objectives.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required;
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA) with 5+ years’ experience
- Experience of Financial Statement preparation, under FRS102 and IFRS
- Consolidation experience an advantage
- Strong Accounting Technical knowledge essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- People management experience
- Self-motivated and responsible, with ability to work on own initiative and to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Experience with Sage 1000 or similar accounting package
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel knowledge
What can Stobart Air offer you?
- Health Insurance
- Staff Travel on ID90 selected routes
- LiveWell Programme
- Permanent Contract
- Much more
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.