Stobart Air are seeking applications for the position of Head of Materials. Reporting to the Head of Engineering with regular liaison to the Financial Controller and Engineering Budgeting Manager, the Head of Materials is a key commercial and operational support role for the airline.
Duties and Responsibilities;
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Head of Materials leading a team of Material Controllers is responsible for the following Operational and Commercially critical functions.
- Maintain sufficient levels of aircraft spare parts and materials to support scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the fleet of aircraft being operated
- Manage all support contracts relating to the provision of aircraft spares and the repair of aircraft spares. (Excludes Engines and Landing gears)
- Own and manage budgets relating to all spend on spares and repairs of spares. (Excluding Engines and Landing gears)
- Ensure procurement of spares is in accordance with commercial best practice and only EASA approved parts procured for installation on aircraft
- Ensure all parts sent for repair are systematically controlled in relation to work scope, cost and turnaround time.
- Support aircraft as required that are undergoing heavy maintenance airframe checks at 3rd party facilities.
- Liaise on a regular basis with Technical Stores Management to ensure control of removed parts from aircraft including decisions to scrap or repair as required.
- Liaise as required with aircraft part OEMs
- Maintain a list of Approved Suppliers
- Interface with Finance Department to provide regular stock level valuations including participation in any stock checks requested by Company Auditors.
- Participate in the various technical review meetings and maintenance planning meetings
- Manage various suppliers including freight forwarders. Ensuring all inbound and out bound spares shipments are in compliance with applicable Revenue Regulations.
- Review all invoices relating to Materials purchasing and repairs activity.
- Manage a team of Material Controllers
- When required engage with Quality Assurance audits and Audits by Regulatory Bodies.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required;
- The suitable candidate shall have extensive previous experience within an airline or MRO on the various functions required to effectively manage Aircraft spares and materials including supporting the maintenance requirements of the Flight Operations of the airline.
- A good knowledge of EASA regulations pertaining to the supply and repair of aircraft spares is required.
- Previous experience on AMOS or another maintenance software system is essential along with above average IT skills.
- Previous experience in stock control, purchasing/repair management of aircraft spares including control of budgets and contract management with key suppliers.
- Strong communication and organisational skills are necessary including the ability to work with the broader Engineering management team.
What can Stobart Air offer you?
- Health Insurance
- Staff Travel on ID90 selected routes
- LiveWell Programme
- Permanent Contract
- Much more
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.