Stobart Air are now welcoming applications for the role of Senior Financial Accountant. Based in HQ, the role will report directly into the Financial Controller. The role will also have two direct reports of Trainee Accountant and Financial Acccountant.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly management accounts reporting pack for presentation to the Executive management team and submission to Group team.
- Preparing timely and complete reconciliations of the general ledger and ensuring supporting documentation is in place.
- Working closely with Trainee and Financial Accountants to ensure they are meeting month end deadlines and that work is performed in an accurate manner.
- Maintaining the general and sub ledgers and ensuring timely monthly closing requirements are met.
- Ensuring Inter-company transactions are recorded correctly.
- Performing monthly cost variance analysis across all Departments in the business and obtaining explanations for budget differences.
- Working closely with other Departments across to business to ensure understanding of business operations, strategy and fundamental drivers which impact financial results.
- Ensure general ledger and reporting is accurately recorded in line with up to date Accounting Standards and FRS102.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate submission of VAT returns and APD (air passenger tax) returns.
- Closely involved in year end audit preparation, drafting Statutory Financial Statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Assisting the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager with cost reviews, budget coding analysis and other queries.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned by senior finance management.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required;
- An experienced financial accountant with a background working in a multi-currency environment
- People management experience
- Prior experience in aviation would be an advantage
- Proficient IT skills essential – MS Office Excel / Word / Outlook
- A thorough working knowledge of SAGE or similar accounting package
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills allowing them to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks appropriately
- An aptitude for working as part of a team
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with 4+ years PQE
Stobart Air is an equal opportunities employer.